Interested in applying to UC Berkeley School of Public Health? Here are a few pointers when applying to the Nutrition Program:
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree that ideally includes some coursework in food and nutrition sciences, human biology, biochemistry and/or physiology.
- Candidates should have paid or volunteer public health or nutrition-related work experience to strengthen and support their interests in working in this field.
- Excellent GRE scores and grades from nationally or internationally recognized undergraduate institutions.
- Cultural competence and demonstrated knowledge of and interest in other cultures and languages.
- Communication skills – demonstrated in the Statement of Purpose – that reflect an understanding of what public health is and why you want to specialize in Public Health Nutrition.
- Critical thinking ability with an analytical approach to solving current issues in Nutrition and Public Health.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to making a contribution to the public’s health as reflected in your Statement of Purpose.
- Letters of recommendation that attest to the applicant’s qualities in the areas mentioned above.